Today’s episode features a review of We Are Legion (We Are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor. When I first heard about We Are Legion, I wasn’t convinced that I’d like it – mostly because the main character is a spaceship. (That’s kind of an oversimplification, but you’ll understand why after hearing the review.) This book surprised me because it’s not only super fun but also deals with some pretty interesting questions – like what it means to be alive and the nature of individuality. If that sounds cool, you’re in luck because it’s actually the first of three books in the Bobiverse trilogy. I definitely plan on reading the next two – and I might review them, too!
In the meantime, I decided to shake things up a bit and participate in the “You’re Not Good Enough” book tag. Again, this is going to take some explaining. Basically, I’m going to talk about some interesting / outlandish / funny scenarios and try to figure out which book characters “win” each scenario. Thanks to The Book Cover Girl for tagging me!
Books in this Episode:
- We Are Legion (We Are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor
- It by Stephen King
- Retrograde by Peter Cawdron
- Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Their Eyes were Watching God Zora Neale Hurston
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Pet Semetary by Stephen King
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
P.S. – You can find me on iTunes. Depending on your preferred medium for listing, subscribing via iTunes or the Podcasts app on your phone might be the best way to get automatic Plotboilers updates!